Kleenwater 2510-RESIN Filter Cartridge Replacement 6 Pack, for KW2510HW-KW2510-resin-Dish-Kit Filtration System
- Softener Resin combats hard water and cloudy build-up on glassware
- Ideal for residential dishwasher systems
- Removes calcium and magnesium hardness
- 1,200 grain hardness removal capacity
- Change cartridge every 3 - 5 months
The KW2510-resin filter cartridge contains cation exchange resin that will remove the hardness ions yielding soft and spot-free water. It is important to use phosphate-free dishwasher detergents with soft water. Most detergents today are phosphate-free.
The KW2510-resin cartridges should be changed every 3 - 5 months. The cartridge has the capacity to remove 1,200 grains of hardness. Newer energy efficient dishwashers use approximately 4 - 6 gallons of water per cycle. For example if the feed water has 10 grains of hardness per gallon and the dishwasher uses 4 gallons per cycle that would exhaust 40 grains per wash cycle thus the filter would be capable of 30 cycles before the filter becomes exhausted.