Sediment Water Filter Replacement Cartridges with Polyphospate filled core for KleenWater model KW2520SCALEX Hot Water Protector, 5 Micron, Set of 4
- 5 Micron sediment filtration
- Polyphosphate filled core to prevent scale accumulation
- Protects plumbing system metals from acid water corrosion
- Change every 4 - 6 months
- Significantly extends the life of all water using appliances from the adverse impact of acidic and hard water conditions
The water filter cartridge is made of polypropylene that filters sediment to 5 microns. The filter cartridge core is filled with polyphosphate spheres which provide the essential protection to both tankless and traditional hot water tank systems. This ingredient reacts with naturally occurring calcium bicarbonates in the water supply to form a thin, tight, non-corrosive, passivating film on pipe walls. This film is almost like a glass coating, separating the water from the metal plumbing / hot water system.
This system will prevent corrosion and scale build up on all plumbing components and water using appliances which helps to avoid costly maintenance calls.
The KW2520BR-Slowhos cartridge has an industry common dimension of 2.5" (width) x 20" (length).